Thursday, August 12, 2010

What I'm reading: Seth's Blog: Exploration and the risk of failure

You know, I've been struggling with some of the huge ideas that float through my brain. Do you ever have that? I have so many ideas every single day. But I struggle with the thought that I could try and it won't be like I wanted it to be, or that someone will say it was dumb, or... well, I'll feel like a failure. But I've just read this post from Seth Godin:
Seth's Blog: Exploration and the risk of failure

I don't mind being the person who seeks stability sometimes. But if I want to try these ideas, then I need to be the brave person who is willing to try the idea even with the possible failure facing them. After all, even if it doesn't work out, it won't actually be a loss.

My dad, who is the most fantastic encourager and sounding board for ideas, has been trying to get me to look at how I approach things, and especially not to jump to conclusions that restrict the flow of potential for ideas or people to grow. I love it when things I read and stuff I'm talking about get all brought together... and it helps develop my thoughts!
image from weheartit.com

Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

0 comments:

Post a Comment