Sunday, August 15, 2010

What I'm reading: The Lie of Significance | Kingdom Strategist

This comes from a blog I've quoted before... I thoroughly enjoy this guy's thoughts. I've been thinking about this since I read it the other day. If my life already has meaning and I don't have to do anything to prove that I'm significant then I can relax on so many levels. It certainly helped me to give myself permission to take time off while I was so unwell with flu this last week! Hope this inspires you as it did me. See what you think:

The Lie of Significance | Kingdom Strategist
"I can not give your life meaning because it already has it.
You are significant not by virtue of who you are or what you do or where you work or what clothes you wear or how much you give to charity.
You are significant because you were made significant. You are significant because you were created by a Creator. You are significant because God imagined all of life, all of history, this entire world and he imagined you as part of it.
God’s vision for his creation includes you. It would be incomplete without you.
Despite the hardship and suffering, the pain and the loneliness of life. Despite all that you endure that tears you down, pulls you farther and farther away from the source of God’s perfect love, your significance is secured in the very fact that you exist. Because this is how God chooses for it to be.
You are you because God would not have it any other way.
How would you live life differently if you were freed from the persistent need to find significance?"
Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

0 comments:

Post a Comment